Friday, October 1, 2010

Retainer wall

While waiting for Metricon to do the soil test and get through the paper work we had the excavator/landscaper do the retainer wall in our future back yard. It was a job we had planned to do after the house was built, but the landscaper suggested to do it now as It would be difficult to get the machines in the back yard once the house is up. I think it looks great. I am getting excited again to see the progress. Metricon had a date to start on October 22nd. I am hoping for an earlier start....always good to be optimistic.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I am also building a Denver by Metricon. It is good to watch the progress of other people along the building journey.

    May i ask how long/high your retaining wall is? I have been getting quotes and they have been varying quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim, being new to blogging, this is the only way I know how to respond to your question, so I hope you get it. I will ask around and see if I can get it to you another way.
    Our retainer wall is 51 metres long and varies from about 1.1 to 1.2 metres high. Total cost was $16,500. The job was done in a week, although he said if the house was up it would have taken longer and been more expensive!
    Good luck with your build!! What stage are you up to? We have site start today, finally!!

    ReplyDelete